11) MoB-IBT – Centre of Molecular Structure, Institute of Biotechnology of the Czech Academy of Sciences
Location: Vestec, Czech Republic
The MoB-IBT centre of MOSBRI includes a majority of techniques of the Centre of Molecular Structure (CMS) at the Institute of Biotechnology of the Czech Academy of Sciences and techniques for single molecule dynamic studies. It harbours standard biophysical techniques, small angle X-ray scattering, special sample manipulation and single molecule approaches. IBT resides in the BIOCEV centre. MoB-IBT has several years of experience in local and transnational user access, both under the Czech Infrastructure for Integrative Structural Biology and under the Instruct-ERIC European infrastructure for structural biology.
Instruments / methodologies offered through TNA
- ITC, DSC: analytical techniques for the characterization of thermodynamic parameters of biomolecular binding and structural stability of biopolymers
- nanoDSF: method to analyze the conformational stability of proteins
- CD: technique for the evaluation of conformation of DNA and secondary structure of proteins
- MST, SPR: characterization of intermolecular interactions
- DLS, MADLS, in-drop DLS: determination of particle size
- Nitrogen glovebox: nanovolume manipulation and sample treatment under defined atmosphere
- Advanced SAXS: a SAXS instrument (SAXSpoint 2.0 with MetalJet X-ray source) with inline SEC option and in-situ UV-VIS spectrophotometry offering high level sample characterization, with changes monitored spectrophotometrically during exposure
- Steady-state and time resolved spectroscopy: a FLS1000 photoluminescence spectrometer with picosecond time resolution, and a Vertex 70v Fourier-transform infrared (FTIR) spectrometer with nanosecond time resolution for in-house time-resolved structural biology and biophysics. Femtosecond experiments are available at external facilities (collaboration with the EU infrastructure ELI-Beamlines)
- Optical tweezers and confocal microscopy: Lumicks C-trap correlative optical tweezers and confocal microscope for single molecule experiments, which offers access to the study of interaction dynamics, providing a unique way of observing and measuring interactions between molecules
- AUC: Offsite access (individual agreement for a project) is offered for analytical ultracentrifugation at the Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Science
Access modality: Access is offered both as physical and remote access.